Ufone has revealed the final SOP for overseas SIM verification. As per official details provided by Ufone, all Ufone SIMs on roaming can be Temporarily Verified through a swift procedure. This Temporary Verification service is available for both, Prepaid and Postpaid Ufone SIMs roaming outside Pakistan.
If you are Ufone customer and living outside Pakistan or Afghanistan, then you are required to follow these steps:
- Just dial *789# from your Ufone number (no charges apply)
- Enter your NADRA CNIC number and personal information known only to you. (like your mother’s name or the place of birth)
- Your personal information will be verified through NADRA database and on successful match of provided information, your SIM will be Temporarily Verified”
- On successful verification of your personal information, you will be informed through a message about verification status of your Ufone SIM. The confirmation SMS will be received within 48 hours.
- “789# services in only for overseas users hence, it cannot be accessed through Pakistan/Afghanistan.
- In case, if you are living abroad and your SIM is in use by some of your family member in Pakistan, then it is recommended to transfer the ownership of the SIM to one of your family members. Ownership can be changed by visiting nearest Ufone Customer Care Center or Ufone Franchise.
- If you are an overseas customer and using a biometric verified SIM then no need to verify it again.
- All Ufone customers on roaming are obligated to register their Temporarily Verified SIMS on their next visit to Pakistan before March 31, 2016.
- All Temporarily Verified SIM will be blocked after March 31, 2016.